The School of Business of the University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for a Lecturer in Digital Forensics. The successful candidate will be expected to complement the existing strengths of those involved in the intended undergraduate Digital Forensics major. This position is part of a bold multi-year "2020 initiative" to implement an undergraduate Digital Forensics major, featuring both face-to-face (F2F) and online learning.
This is a 10-month appointment that allows for supplementary summer salary from external funding sources. The normal teaching load is three courses per semester for lecturers (before course buyouts). We expect new faculty to strengthen our majors, strengthen our undergraduate program, and strengthen the University mission through: (i) teaching with distinction, (ii) effectively mentoring students, and (iii) participating in, as necessary, service to the department, college, university, and community.
The individual hired will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of curricula in digital forensics in online, blended, and F2F formats. Courses that the successful candidate may teach or develop curricula and labs for will involve the following topics: digital forensics criminal investigation, computer forensics, network forensics, mobile device forensics, and digital evidence expert witness testimony. In addition, the individual hired will participate in related activities in support of the program which includes: recruitment of potential students, coordination with 2-year colleges for transfers, participation in related grant-writing and reporting, software vendor negotiation and implementation, accredited digital forensics lab development and maintenance, building and maintaining industry partnerships and collaborations, student advisement and mentoring, as well as participation in relevant institutional meetings and service.
- Master's degree in Digital Forensics (or related field) from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization by time of application
- 5 years' experience in the field of Digital Forensics or related fields
- 5 years' experience in developing & delivering curricula in digital forensics or related fields
- 7 years' experience in the criminal investigation or related fields
- Experience in providing expert witness testimony or providing training in expert witness testimony related to digital evidence
- Experience in developing and maintaining an accredited digital forensics laboratory
- Experience in developing digital forensics hands-on laboratory exercises or standardized operating procedures and processes
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population.
- Experience with developing and delivering online / distance-based or blended learning courses
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Lecturer (10 Month)
Start date: As soon as possible
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=98182
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Letter of Application (applicants must address their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population)
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (addressing minimum and preferred qualifications)
Any questions may be directed via email to Professor Sanjay Goel, Search Chairperson, email@example.com.