Director of Career & Technical Education #2019-110A2
Director of Career & Technical Education
District Office - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
The work involves responsibility for managing the BOCES Career & Technical division programs and services, including the provision of quality programs and services in response to the needs of school districts, and the school aged children and adult students served. Work is conducted in a ‘Team Leadership’ environment with general supervision by the Assistant District Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction; along with input from Human Resources, Business Operations, Communications, School Attorney and other team members as assigned.
A. New York State certification in School District Administration required.
B. At least five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a BOCES or district level position.
C. At least five (5) years of teaching experience or demonstrated knowledge of issues regarding teaching and learning.
D. Strong knowledge of career & technical education and continuing adult education programs, and social issues facing schools, including New York State teaching and common core learning standards a must.
E. Highly knowledgeable about instructional excellence in an education setting and a leader in instructional reform.
1. Provides leadership for strategic planning and direction in the development and implementation of high quality and comprehensive career & technical and continuing adult education programs.
2. Ensures that there is an ongoing process for program evaluation that is related to the division’s mission statement and BOCES goals. Monitors and supports this evaluation process.
3. Oversees all program areas of the division through supervision of all career & technical education and continuing adult education staff.
4. Ensures that services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws and organizational rules and regulations.
5. Develops and administers an annual budget for the division in conjunction with the Director of Business Operations, along with other district senior staff members as appropriate to ensure student and district needs are being met.
6. Oversees the process of personnel administration which includes recruitment, employment, supervision, evaluation and staff development in accordance with applicable BOCES policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources.
7. Thorough knowledge of Career & Technical programs, certification and education laws and regulations, educational issues and trends.
8. Ability to establish and maintain good relations with representatives of various groups such as school district leaders, area educators, community and business leaders, state agencies and the general public.
9. Ability to create new programs for students based on industry needs.
10. Performs other tasks as requested by the Assistant District Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
January 15, 2019 (anticipated start date)
December 4, 2018
Dependent upon experience and current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany NY 12205
Date Position Posted:
November 20, 2018