About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Director of Development for UAlbany's College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) and College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity (CEHC) is responsible for designing and executing solicitation strategies to secure gifts of $25,000+ from alumni and friends of the University at Albany, with special responsibility for securing gifts to CEAS and CEHC. The Director will also increase the number of gifts that merit the donor's inclusion in the 1844 Society, which recognizes donors of $1,000+ to the University. In addition, the Director works with the Director of Corporate and Foundation to secure support from private foundations and corporations for CEAS and CEHC priorities.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 prospective donors, engaging and soliciting them for gifts of $1,000 to $25,000+
- Identify new prospective donors
- Collaborate closely with the Deans of the Schools of CEAS and CEHC to identify and articulate their fundraising priorities and strategies for achieving these priorities
- Collaborate with the Deans and faculty members to engage and solicit key prospective donors
- Work with Donor Relations colleagues to ensure that donors are properly stewarded, conveying gratitude for and the impact of their gifts
- Maintain accurate records using the development program's database to record contacts and other activities related to assigned prospects
- Help coordinate special projects and events in support of fundraising efforts
- Significant travel and limited evening/weekend work
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 5+ years of experience in higher education fundraising or related fields; experience with public higher education fundraising preferred.
- Proven ability to qualify, engage and secure gifts from high level prospective donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Computer literacy, especially with relational databases
- Applicants must address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application.
- A sense of humor
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Associate, SL-4
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=106865
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: March 21, 2019