About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Director of Web and Marketing Services will be responsible for creating impactful visual communications and consistent design solutions that effectively represent and market the academic programs and research initiatives in the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). The Director of Web and Marketing Services will accomplish this through the development of printed materials, websites or other media. The incumbent will oversee all digital marketing for CAS including emails, PDFs shared via email, and web graphics. The successful candidate will provide secondary supervision to staff in the College's 21 academic departments who are responsible for program marketing and web site management. This position will serve as the CAS liaison with the University Office of Communications and Marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Fine Arts or a related discipline from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Three years' directly related and progressively responsible work experience in marketing and communications, web design and web management
- Strong proficiency in technology and new/social media (website design, DRUPAL, ADOBE Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, internet, database operation, presentation/publishing software)
- Demonstrated proficiency using DRUPAL
- Adept in graphic design, layout and typography
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Expertise and demonstrated ability in desktop publishing, image acquisition and editing
- Excellent, demonstrated creative writing skills
- Experience in content development for websites
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Master's degree in a related field from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience in higher education
- Experience using ASANA
- Understanding of design theory
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3; Salary of $55-65,000 depending on qualifications and professional experience
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=108233
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: May 11, 2019