Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
This is a position that reports to the Operations Director of the Performing Arts Center (PAC). The PAC operates within the College of Arts and Sciences.
The employee will perform the following functions:
- Supervise events in the PAC and Page Hall (mostly evenings and weekends)
- Perform setups (Chairs, Tables, Audio and Lighting systems, etc.) for events in the PAC and Page Hall
- Report all event information back to the PAC Operations Director for policy and billing purposes
- Work with PAC Operations Director to provide event coordination and customer service
- Supervise and train student event employees in the assigned tasks
- Help manage maintenance and inventory of PAC equipment and storage spaces
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Bachelor's degree in Theatre from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous technical theatre experience
- Previous stage management or house management duties also preferred.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Start Date: As soon as possible
A review of applications will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=102451