The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a HR Payroll Analyst accountable for activities related to requirements gathering, analysis, monitoring, and implementation of projects related to the City's internal systems. These internal systems include the Pa roll Management System (PMS) and associated subsystems (Le. Pension Payroll Management System (PPM), Workers Compensation system (WCS), Tax Systems), Reporting Database (CHRMS), and HR self-service s stem (PeopleSoft).
Work in a techno-functional capacity with a strong understanding of business processes and relational databases. Collaborate with release team to provide analysis, design, development, and testing guidance. Analyze and document business requirements and review functional specifications and business owners for approval as well as review functional specifications with technical staff during transition to technical design. Under the general direction of the Manager, primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct requirements gathering sessions with representatives from applicable Uniformed and Civilian NYC agencies, Pension Agencies, Oversight Agencies, the Department of Education, the NYC Housing Authority, the Office of Payroll Administration's, Bureau of Payroll Operations and any other applicable users
• Prepare design documents, specifications, flowcharts, business and functional requirements
• Interview and interpret user input to determine scope, timeline and priority of request.
• investigate and propose recommendations for resolution of business and software issues
• Conduct or assist others in application testing planning, coordination, and execution activities
• Provide direct expertise to city agencies related to business processing and functionality, such as pay cycle, payroll deductions, agency / user payroll setup and management, reporting, etc.
• Plan, manage and provide regular status updates for new work and projects that may involve other agency activities to meet delivery deadlines.
• Prepare timelines, resource plans, initiatives and accomplishments
• Perform data analysis and interpret results
• Respond to agencies or third party correspondence and inquiries.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Proficient in writing TSO, SQL queries and in analyzing/understanding the results
• Knowledge of payroll, timekeeping and personnel systems and practices
• Analytical and Detail oriented with excellent organizational written and communication skills
• Proven management and problem solving skills and related experience is required
• Ability to work on multiple projects under pre sure of deadlines
• Application Development experience is a plus
• Experience with VB.NET\SQL Server 2005/2008
• Proficiency in Microsoft tools including advanced knowledge in Excel, Access and MS-Project Excellent understanding of systems development lifecycle methodologies
• Experience working with enterprise wide, large-scale implementation
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
Hours/Shift Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Residency Requirement New York City Residency is not required for this position.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #373602. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.