The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for an IT Automation and Monitoring Engineer is responsible for:
• Analyzes, designs, implements, maintains, and supports IT automation and monitoring solutions for enterprise infrastructure systems and platforms
• Conducting business requirements and technical specifications reviews during test development (ie.,test cases coverage requirements and meeting standards for format and content);
• Developing arid implementing formal standardized clear arid properly documented test cases to ensure an adequate testing coverage;
• Oversees major tool implementations and/or upgrades, including continued support, documentation and training.
• Collaborates with team leads to produce outage reports and ensure proper automated notifications are distributed when outages occur or when there is a change in the production environment.
• Executing test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance and recording test results in QC;
• Reporting defects in QC, providing development team with necessary defect documentation, re-testing fixes and recording results;
• Assists in the development and review of technical specifications for automation and monitoring solutions.
• Assuming responsibility for timely test cases completion to achieve targeted system cycles dates established by the Testing Lead/Manager.
• Timely reporting of all critical milestones and slipping deadlines to the Testing Lead/ Manager.
• Working on multiple projects and shifting the effort based on the timelines established by the Testing Lead/Manager.
• Conducting peer reviews prior to test execution (ie., proper test cases coverage, test cases documented appropriately);
• Automate the Test case as need and debugging automation scripts.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodology and practices.
• Strong understanding of standard STLC methodologies, ability to understand and transform business requirements and technical designs into the test cases
• Extensive experience in Manual Functional Testing such as creating test plan, building and executing manual test scripts
• Experience using HP ALM / Quality Center (QC) for executing test cases and tracking defects
• Experience using IBM Rational Suite (Clear Case, Clear Quest etc.)
• QA experience using manual and automated testing tools and processes to perform functional, regression and performance testing.
• Proficiency running back-end /database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side)
• Experienced in testing Web applications.
• Knowledge of OPA Internal Applications is a plus.
• Experience in developing and maintaining automated Micro Focus UFT scripts using Keyword Driven Framework and Descriptive programming is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team. .
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Checking server side logs is a plus.
• Out of box thinking is plus.
• Flexibility to work additional hours or weekends in order to meet target dates
• Must have extensive knowledge of SQL to support data mining and data integrity validations
• Extensive hands-on testing experience in integration, interface, system, regression and user acceptance testing
• Experience testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.) is a plus.
• Extensive experience hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (QTP/UFT. HPALM and Clear Quest).
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #385107. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.