Requisition #: 19-1269 - IT Systems Administrator
About Us: WNYT-TV News Channel 13 is the award-winning NBC affiliate for New York State’s Capital Region. WNYT-TV is a longtime market
leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does. Whether it’s news broadcasts with hyper-local coverage, important public service that
deals powerfully with today’s issues, or, now more than ever, top notch digital content, we reach our viewers and followers with important
information in the way they want to receive it. When you work for Hubbard Broadcasting and WNYT, you will join a team of dedicated and
passionate professionals, working hard every day to improve our product and our community.
- Assesses daily performance of information technology hardware and software systems. Routinely updates software configurations.
- Schedules regular preventative maintenance and upgrades. Performs corrective maintenance (repair and re-installation) as necessary, including quick and efficient response to emergencies.
- Identifies, researches, and recommends software and equipment for major system improvements in consultation with station management, HBI Information Services, and vendors. Installs and configures new equipment and software. Adheres to project schedules and specifications.
- Ensures regular back-up of critical systems to protect against data and revenue loss.
- Maintains up-to-date equipment inventories, technical drawings, configuration records, and wiring diagrams. Documents standard operating and emergency procedures.
- Provides technical support in a cooperative manner to station personnel at all levels in all departments, to clients, and to viewers. Trains
- station personnel on new systems and produces training documents as required.
- Work hours may vary including overnight and weekend assignments. IT Systems Administrator must be available for emergencies and other assignments when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of data at all times.
- Post-secondary technical or IT degree, or equivalent experience, license, or certification.
- Two or more years of related work experience in essential job functions.
- Knowledge of information technology relevant to essential job functions including:
- Windows-based server administration and associated user workstations (including Microsoft Exchange),
- IP Networks,
- Network and File System Security
- Previous technical experience in broadcasting or media is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, lift overhead, and walk to reach equipment for evaluation, repair, and adjustment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a confined area.
- Must have good vision and hearing, as well as good hand/eye coordination.
- Manual Dexterity for keyboarding and manipulating equipment and controls. Must be able to move quickly from one area to another.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and service manuals.
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner. Be available to work in extreme weather environments including frigid cold, heat and humidity, snow, rain, high winds, etc..
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.