The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) and the Lab Technology Coordinator will be working at the Hector B. Basora ATTAIN Lab in New York, New York. ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training And Information Networking) is a Statewide technology initiative funded by New York State to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies, ATTAIN provides underserved and underprepared community residents the opportunity to access academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training, in coordination with local community-based host institutions. Each ATTAIN lab is a certified Microsoft IT Academy.
LTCs provide on-site facilitation of learning and technical support for their assigned ATTAIN lab. In coordination with their local community based host institution and UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator, LTCs work to achieve the outcomes specified in their Implementation Plan.
Working in collaboration with their colleagues, LTCs are expected to:
Master, facilitate and market the learning of technology-training resources
- become proficient in the use of the ISI courseware (e.g., computer-assisted instruction: vocational instructional, academic instructional and life management software), Microsoft training resources and any third-party software
- obtain and keep current Microsoft certifications related to facilitating training delivered at the lab
- demonstrate progress toward becoming a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- deliver Microsoft certification training to the served populations
- participate in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- proctor certification exams, as needed
- provide supervision for volunteers as needed
- create and maintain a clean, comfortable and orderly learning environment in the lab
- document and report participant success stories and outcomes to the host institution and UCAWD
- work some evening and weekend hours
- travel locally
Create schedules, draft outreach plans and complete reports to support outcomes
- create, monitor and update a monthly schedule for lab operations and training sessions, in coordination with the host institution and UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator
- prepare the lab's Implementation Plan together with the host institution on-site supervisor and ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator and effectively execute objectives set forth within it
- submit monthly status reports to ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators and host institutions, which will include, among other items, participant enrollment, usage and outcomes
- create and implement a Community Outreach and Partnership Development plan which must include marketing strategies and presentations to promote the ATTAIN lab in local communities
Identify ways to partner with agencies, streamline intake processes and onboard participants
- work with the local departments of social services (ldss) and Department of Labor (DOL) to identify potential program participants, especially TANF and TANF 200% recipients
- determine participant TANF eligibility during intake process
- provide initial orientation for all new participants and train lab participants on software and courseware resources
- develop training pathways for individual participants based on available lab resources
- become familiar with policies and procedures of the host institution and The Research Foundation for SUNY
- provide participant intervention and technical assistance at the learning stations, as needed
Maintain ATTAIN enrollment and reporting databases
- report, log and record hardware and/or technical problems and their resolutions
- communicate any unresolved issues with hardware and software to the host institution on-site supervisors and ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators
- use ATTAIN's management systems to monitor participant progress
Perform other duties as assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS: Strong communication, written, organizational and presentation skills required. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 applications. Ability to promote professional and ethical behavior.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in education or related discipline
- One year experience working with adult population (training, advising and/or mentoring)
- Experience with computer software applications in reading, writing and math
- Experience working with underserved/underprepared populations
- Must be able to work independently
- Two or more years' experience working with adult population (training, advising and/or mentoring)
- Experience working with TANF recipients
- Experience in community outreach
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience in curriculum development
- Bilingual in Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require long periods of moving about computer lab and/or in a stationary position. May be required on occasion to connect or remove cables under a desk. Must be able to move monitors, printers, CPUs or other light equipment and supplies on occasion.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.