PYXERA Global, an NGO based in Washington, DC will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Recife, Brazil, scheduled to take place in October-November, 2018. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part time consultant currently residing in Recife, Brazil to help with program management and provide project and logistical support from July to November 2018. Possibility of extension based on additional corporate programs. The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Identify and select potential clients and develop Scopes of Work for the program that are aligned with specific areas of intervention identified by PYXERA Global and/or our client(s)
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate.
- Orient new program participants upon arrival in Brazil;
- Serve as logistics coordinator and as an informational resource for Volunteers and troubleshoot problems they may face;
- Recruit and hire Project Assistants (If applicable) to support corporate consultants with translation, research and interviews.
- Participate in weekly preparation phone calls with corporate team(s) as needed;
- Coordinate Client/Project Assistant Pre-Departure Orientation, Welcome and Final Events for corporate employees and local client firms/organizations;
- Correspond with PYXERA Global headquarters program staff and Brazil Long-term Local Consultant and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the Volunteers and our partners
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for Volunteers when they are in Brazil.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups;
- Must be based in Recife, Brazil.
- College degree in international relations, communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
- Experience working with cross cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
- Knowledge of one or more critical topics in global development (i.e. health, gender empowerment, WASH, access to nutrition, livelihood)
- Knowledge of at least one specific technical area related to PYXERA Global’s programs and services (pro bono, leadership/talent development, public private partnerships, monitoring and evaluation, corporate social responsibility, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Required language proficiency in Portuguese and English
- Ability to work in teams and alone, and demonstrated commitment to creating opportunities for improved livelihoods preferred.
This is a part time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 4-5 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to fscur@PYXERAGlobal.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.