About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Department of Management in the School of Business, University at Albany-State University of New York, in Albany, New York (http://www.albany.edu/business/school-of-business-departments-management.php) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor appointment in Management (Organizational Behavior/Human Resources/Strategy). The position will commence Fall 2019.
The School of Business is AACSB accredited in both Business and Accounting, and offers a supportive environment for research with teaching loads and research support competitive with other major research universities. Housed in a beautiful new building, the Massry Center for Business is central to the UAlbany campus. Management faculty are research-active with publications in top-tier business and psychology outlets such as the American Psychologist, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Information Systems Research, the Journal of Management, Personnel Psychology, and the Journal of Organizational Behavior. The School of Business offers degrees at the Bachelor's and Master's levels, including a globally recognized MBA concentration in Human Resource Information Systems.
- Upon appointment, applicants must possess a Ph.D. in Management, or a closely related field, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Candidates should present a record of outstanding scholarly research achievement commensurate with experience, and preference will be given to candidates whose research is consistent with the department and school's focus on digital innovation.
- Candidates should also provide evidence of high-quality undergraduate teaching and collegial collaboration.
- Candidates should have experience teaching classes in Organizational Behavior and will teach the Foundations of Management course for the department upon appointment.
- Applicants must address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant/Associate Professor
Start date: Fall 2019
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=107177
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining research and teaching interests
- Research samples (e.g. papers)
- Teaching and research statements
- Teaching evaluations if applicable
- Applicants will be asked to provide names and contact information for three references.*
*Special Note: Once applications have been initially screened, reference providers will receive notification of how to submit letters of reference through Interview Exchange.
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
A review of applications will start on March 1, 2019 and the search will remain open until the position is filled.