About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Department of Marketing, within the School of Business at the University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor. This will be a tenure-track position, beginning September 2019.
The School of Business is housed in a $64 million state-of-the-art building and is home to several research centers and academic journals. The school is accredited by the AACSB in both Business Administration and Accounting.
Interest in teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Marketing Strategy, Business-to-Business Marketing, and Sports/Entertainment Marketing is highly desired.
The position will require:
- Research in the area of Marketing and publication of such research in leading peer-reviewed journals
- High-quality teaching of Marketing and allied courses at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Service at the department, school, campus, and discipline levels
- Ph.D. or equivalent, with an emphasis in Marketing, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized organization by the time of appointment*
- The ideal candidate will have evidence or demonstrated potential to publish research in leading journals.
- Candidates applying at the Advanced Assistant Professor level will have several years of experience at the Assistant Professor level at a major research university.
- Candidates applying at the Assistant Professor level will have noteworthy professional experience.
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
*Candidates who will have completed their Ph.D. by Spring 2019 may be considered if they have had noteworthy professional experience.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Professor
Start Date: September 2019
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=107675
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Letter of application including a statement on ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Research statement and list of publications
- Teaching statement
- Most recent published articles (up to three)
- Teaching evaluations and grade distributions
- Applicants will be asked to provide names and contact information for three references.*
*Special Note: Once applications have been initially screened, candidates will receive notification of how to submit three letters of recommendation through Interview Exchange.
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
A review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.