The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a MS Exchange/Windows Administrator to support the administration and maintenance of the Windows LAN environments and users. The Windows support staff is servicing over 700 users, 300 Window servers and major City wide application projects. The team also
provides 24x7 LAN supports for such applications as MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, SCCM, Citrix, Shavlik, EPO, VMware, and SAN Storage. With these numerous projects comes the responsibility of managing and monitoring the infrastructure that resides on them.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Expert level knowledge in the design, build and administration of MS Exchange 2010 - 2016 Enterprise including multi-site, complex DAG environments.
• Expert level knowledge routing of Enterprise Message routing, SMTP, Mail filtering and load balancing.
• Expert level knowledge of application integration with messaging systems including client access and mail archiving
• Strong hands-on administration experience on Windows 2012/2016 server- Forest, Domain trust, AD, DFS, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Group Policy, Distribution lists, Windows folder security, and IP filter.
• Expert level knowledge at Active Directory LDAP service, shell scripting, Certificate services (PKI), AD Site Topology – all under a multi-site multi-domain Windows 2012/2016 environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills in a Windows 2012/2016 environment - Event log analysis, installation and administration of Windows Server 2012/2016, including user setup and defining roles, performance tuning, backup and restore, security
monitoring, registry and AD scripting.
• Ability to work well with your supervisor, other departments, agencies, and technical support staff. This includes the ability to clearly document and explain problems, as well as work with others to resolve software defects.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide status updates a plus.
• Ability to quickly learn new tools and resolve issues using all available resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Has the ability to be self-motivated and find answers on his/her own.
• Additional Knowledge in NetBackup, Blackberry, Print servers, SolarWinds, is a plus.
• Weekend work is required.
• Previous experience working with an enterprise wide, large scale environment
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are a plus.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hours/Shift Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #372423. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.