About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
An Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) who will provide quality medical services to a diverse student population as part of an outpatient clinic and will participate in health education and community outreach activities related to the University Student Health Services.
Clinical responsibilities, among others, include:
- Managing uncomplicated acute illnesses
- Providing health screening and education
- Referring to specialty or emergency care as appropriate
- Assisting in the development and implementation of preventive healthcare
- Working with University Counseling and Psychological Services related to referring and receiving referrals
- Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician Assistant education program; all degrees must be from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Applicants must be have a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license to practice in New York State.
- Applicants must address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application.
- 2 years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant in an outpatient facility
Professional Rank and Salary Range: College Physician's Assistant, SL-3
Special Note: This is a 12 month position, 5 days/week.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=106818
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Search will remain open until filled.