Part-time position! Strong organizational and coordination skills wanted!
Adirondack Health Institute (AHI) is an independent, non-profit organization that is leading the way in rural health care transformation across a nine-county region of the North Country. AHI supports hospitals, physician practices, behavioral health providers, community-based organizations, patients and others in our region to transform healthcare and improve population health.
AHI is seeking dedicated, motivated, and highly passionate individuals who share our drive and commitment to making a difference by improving the health of our community. We are seeking a part- time Population Health Improvement Program (PHIP) Coordinator to join our team in our Glens Falls, NY office.
The PHIP Coordinator will assist the PHIP Manager and team members to meet program goals and objectives related to the Population Health Improvement Program. PHIP identifies health priorities in Franklin, Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, Warren and Washington counties and engages stakeholders in those counties to develop and implement effective strategies to improve the health of the region’s population.
Responsibilities of the PHIP Coordinator include:
▪ Coordinating PHIP meetings and events and completing all tasks associated with scheduling and conducting PHIP stakeholder meetings, PHIP Advisory Group meetings and PHIP-sponsored events (conferences, training workshops, webinars), including:
- Identifying dates for meetings/events;
- Securing meeting space and communicating with meeting space vendors about meeting room arrangements, refreshments, and payment;
- Updating and maintaining PHIP stakeholder databases;
- Distributing meeting invitations via Vertical Response and tracking registration;
- Taking meeting notes and assisting in the preparation of meeting summaries;
- Presenting components of the meeting agenda;
▪ Updating and maintaining the HealthyADK website:
- Identifying material (data, planning documents, research articles, policies, etc.) for posting on the website;
- Identifying the appropriate locations of the website to post new material;
- Posting new material on the site;
- Updating and posting documents/materials in “Locate Resources” section of HealthyADK;
- Maintaining relationship with website vendor (HCI) account representative to request and receive assistance with website updates and maintenance activities;
- Participating in demonstrations of HealthyADK to PHIP stakeholders;
▪ Assisting in the development of regional health population reports:
- Locating data sources related to the population health report topic data;
- Assisting the PHIP staff with analysis of the data measures;
- Locating sources of other relevant materials (policies, program descriptions, best practices) to help inform the development of reports;
- Drafting components of the population health reports for review by the PHIP manager;
▪ Tracking program progress and contract deliverables:
- Tracking monthly data requests, quarterly stakeholder engagement activities, and status of PHIP work plan deliverables.
Education & Experience: Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in health and human services, community health, business, or other related field. A minimum of an Associate’s degree with three to five years of related experience required. Familiarity with health care/human services settings, training, and coalition building preferred but not required. Experience using social media/communications strategies to promote health and wellness or other community-focused initiatives is a plus.
Other Skills: Candidates must have the ability to multi-task and maintain detailed documentation and records in an organized fashion. Experience in coordinating all aspects of meetings and events required. Strong computer skills required, including facilitation of webinars. Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Basecamp preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Experience with website design and management is a plus.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and vehicle, or provide evidence of mobility within assigned community.
Position Schedule: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
At AHI, we are leading the way in rural healthcare transformation. By partnering with regional health care providers and community-based organizations, we strive to improve care, lower costs, and realize a healthier future for the Adirondack region. If you are enthusiastic, energetic, and ready to “roll up your sleeves,” this is your new opportunity!
AHI provides a friendly and challenging work environment and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, visit http://ahihealth.org/application-for-employment/.
AHI is an Affirmative Action EEO employer and provides opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. AHI will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Katie Pustolka, PHR, SHRM-CP, HR Consultant on behalf of Adirondack Health Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org and online at https://ahihealth.org/who-we-are/careers/