The Program Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for program management activities in the Global Pro Bono (skills-based volunteering) department. This position requires a strong focus on travel arrangements, logistics, training, financial reporting, program reporting, country and topic-specific research, and program implementation preparation. Working closely with Program Managers, the Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to build their program management skills through exposure to a variety of program implementation and operations activities in the Global Pro Bono department. The ideal candidate will be able to multitask, take initiative in completing assignments, as well as provide high quality program materials with little oversight. Strong writing and presentation skills and a visual eye, combined with the ability to be innovative and flexible are necessary for this position.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation of Global Pro Bono programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage program procurement process, participant travel arrangements, and coordinate all logistics in collaboration with Program Managers.
- Conduct budget, country, and local organization research for developing briefing materials and program preparation.
- Assist in developing pre-deployment training sessions (pre-work) for corporate teams.
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms, assist in preparing budgets, and monitoring financial reports.
- Assist senior staff and practice area leaders in program and practice area process and service improvements.
- May assist in editing detailed project scopes of work with local host organizations.
- Process participant and local partner survey data, and synthesize this information into client-facing reports.
- Manage day-to-day tasks with limited supervision, ensuring on time deliverables that meet internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate.
- Assist in drafting elements of program work plans, reports (program and financial), and key correspondence for clients/donors.
- Provide training to our partners on how to implement PYXERA Global’s logistical service offering.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with minimum of 2-3 years of experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative, innovation, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet program/client needs.
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams, and/or skills-based volunteer programs.
- Experience in public speaking and meeting/event facilitation.
- Experience in training and onboarding.
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience in program management, event management, or logistics planning.
- Strong knowledge of Excel for logistics tracking, reporting, and budgeting.
- Experience in impact measurement and Salesforce are a plus.
- Language proficiency in a foreign language a plus (preferably Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, or a Southeast Asian language).
- Overseas work experience desired.
- Availability to start working in July 2018.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, 3-page writing sample (no longer), salary requirements, and available start-date via email to email@example.com. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “Program Coordinator, Global Pro Bono”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.