Policy Research Associates, Inc. (PRA) is seeking a full-time Project Assistant to support a national SAMHSA-funded project (SOAR) designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible individuals who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a serious mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder. (https://soarworks.prainc.com) This position will be based on-site in PRA’s Delmar, NY office.
A leader in the behavioral health and human services field for nearly 30 years, PRA is a small business funded by federal and state agencies, national organizations, and foundations. PRA conducts research and evaluation; provides technical assistance and training; and plans and facilitates major conferences, meetings, and other knowledge-transfer activities in the behavioral health field. PRA is known for its expertise on behavioral health issues related to juvenile and criminal justice; services for children, adolescents, and their families; recovery supports; service members and veterans; homelessness and housing; and violence.
The successful candidate for the Project Assistant position will function as an integral part of a team that provides technical assistance and support to professionals working in the fields of behavioral health and homelessness. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to project staff, including travel itineraries, managing registration for events, preparing and shipping materials, and scheduling
- Assist with database management and conduct data entry
- Assist with report writing (team meetings, monthly reports, etc.)
- Handle phone, emails, and routine information requests
- Assist with ordering, preparing and shipping materials for site visits
- Coordinate and schedule in-office meetings and conference calls
- Facilitate the use of virtual meeting platforms and maintenance of web-based database
- Review practice case application packets for completion and send certificates as support for the SOAR Online Course
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Preferred: Background in homelessness or disability field preferred. Some experience in a team-based work environment, managing the use of virtual meeting technology, website management, database management, and/or logistics coordination.
Position is full-time, immediate opening with competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Located on–site at PRA’s offices in Delmar, NY. Some travel may be required.
To apply for this position send cover letter (indicating desired position) and resume to Policy Research Associates, 345 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054, fax to (518) 439-7612 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a brief questionnaire at https://pra-admin.typeform.com/to/Aoq0z6 by Jan. 11, 2019.
PRA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and was selected the Times Union #1 “Top Workplace” for 2018.