Service Member, Veterans, and their Families Technical Assistance Center
Policy Research Associates, Inc. (PRA) seeks to fill the following full-time position to join a talented project team working as part of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)-funded “Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Technical Assistance Center” (SMVF TA Center). The SMVF TA Center offers training and technical assistance to military and civilian agencies developing and implementing strategic plans that build behavioral health capacity by implementing best policies and practices. We are funded by SAMHSA and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide a central mechanism for strengthening behavioral health services and systems working nationally across military, federal, and state agencies and local community planning teams to address issues, such as suicide prevention, opiate addiction, homelessness, and trauma.
Ideal candidates should possess first-hand knowledge of military culture and awareness of the unique needs facing SMVF individuals. This may include military Veterans and/or military family members whose lived experience can help inform the SMVF TA Center’s perspective to improve the lives of America’s Service Members, Veterans, and their Families.
Project Assistant, SMVF
The successful candidate for the Project Assistant position will assist the TA Center team in the provision of technical assistance to cross-agency State teams working to implement statewide plans to improve behavioral health services for SMVF. Technical assistance includes providing training, facilitating strategic planning, archiving technical resources, disseminating information to the field, and developing technical assistance products.
The SMVF Project Assistant will have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to project staff, including travel itineraries, managing registration for events, preparing and shipping materials, and scheduling
- Assist with database management and conduct data entry
- Assist with report writing (site visits, monthly reports, etc.)
- Conduct literature reviews and targeted topical research
- Handle phone, emails, and routine information requests
- Assist with preparing and shipping materials for site visits
- Coordinate and schedule in-office meetings and conference calls
- Support onsite technical assistance to states and territories
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other materials
- Facilitate the use of virtual meeting platforms and maintenance of web-based resource portal
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Preferred: Previous military experience and/or experience with personal family, military-related behavioral health recovery a plus. Master’s degree in related field. Some experience in a team-based work environment, managing the use of virtual meeting technology, website management, database management, and/or logistics coordination.
Position is full-time, immediate opening with competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Located on–site at PRA’s offices in Delmar, NY. Some travel is required.
Send cover letter (indicating desired position) and resume to Policy Research Associates, 345 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054, fax to (518) 439-7612 or email to email@example.com and complete a brief questionnaire at https://pra-admin.typeform.com/to/yZeTnO
PRA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and was selected the Times Union #1 “Top Workplace” for 2018.