The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Electronic Investigative Support Group (EISG) based in New York City. The EISG manages a statewide network, consisting of 8 regional offices, and supports a 20+ terabyte data mart which serves as the main data source in the investigation and prosecution of healthcare fraud and abuse.
Applicants must possess the following minimal requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or quantitative field of study
- Experience or interest in statistical analysis and machine learning concepts
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Dynamic, self-starter with a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Access
The ideal candidate will have the following additional knowledge and experience:
- 1-3 years demonstrated experience in data analysis and data visualization
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical coding concepts (CPT, ICD-9 / 10, DRGs)
- Experience in SQL and a firm understanding of relational databases
- Experience in any of the following: R, Python, SPSS Modeler, data visualization tools (e.g. R ggplot, Shiny, Tableau)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing healthcare data, Medicaid claims and other data mining resources to identify instances of fraud, waste and abuse
- Collecting, cleansing, and formatting large quantities of data
- Conducting exploratory data analysis and draft potential anomaly metrics
- Translating historical patterns of fraud, waste, and abuse into features for modeling
- Collaborating with MFCU’s audit and investigative staff to validate potential models and record requirements for future development
- Preparing reports and visualizations to document and present findings to Medicaid Fraud investigators
- Documenting analytical process and model development
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on this link: MFCU_RSA_NYC_6087; applicants will be taken to the online application page for this position.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- Writing Sample; and
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (212) 416-8080.
For more information about the Office, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.