The Sr. Operations Manager provides administrative management and operational oversight for the Global Pro Bono (skills-based international corporate volunteerism) department. This position requires a strong focus on human resource management, operational efficiencies, and quality assurance. Working closely with the departmental leadership, client managers, and various internal stakeholders, the Sr. Operations Manager will have the ability to influence organizational change and act as an internal consultant and help bridge the gap between organizational strategy and tactical implementation. The ideal candidate will have program implementation experience and be able to assess and navigate competing priorities, drive change management, identify department and system improvements, manage and assign resources, drive professional development planning for all shared service team members, take initiative on driving assignments to completion, and performing with little oversight. Strong presentation and communication skills combined with the ability to influence behaviors while being flexible are critical for this position.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform ongoing assessment of departmental procedures, processes, and workflow; communicate opportunities for improvement in the department and help determine key metrics that enable the department to produce high quality, cost-effective delivery of services. Provide recommendations to guide management
- Assist in the development and alignment among operational policies, procedures and ongoing improvement projects
- Implement improvement plans based on the Vice President’s approval
- Lead staff resourcing and make team and project assignments, including performance management, talent development, recruitment/staff forecasting, and onboarding and training
- Monitor dedicated client resources while also managing/cataloging staff experience
- Monitor and manage departmental contracts and procurement processes. Provide project management for departmental projects and other initiatives within the organization
- Assist with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects
- Determine feasibility of projects factoring cost, space, time, organizational goals, technical requirements and more
- Supervise other department support staff
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible operations experience with four years of management experience required
- Demonstrated initiative, innovation, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet program/client needs
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams required, and/or skills-based volunteer programs preferred
- Experience in public speaking and meeting/event facilitation
- Experience in change management
- Ability to manage staff, define resource needs, and properly allocate
- Experience in training and onboarding
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision
- Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project management or PMD Pro
- Strong knowledge of resource management tools, Microsoft Office products and programs (including SharePoint), Salesforce, and more
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start-date via email to email@example.com by Friday, July 27. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “Sr. Operations Manager, Global Pro Bono”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.