PYXERA Global is seeking an accomplished professional, experienced in managing international programs to provide leadership and programmatic support to clients in the Global Pro Bono practice area. The Senior Program Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall development, implementation, monitoring, personnel management, and budgetary oversight of all programs and projects to which s/he is assigned. In most cases, the SPM will be responsible for supporting the relationship of more than one of PYXERA Global’s corporate clients. In addition to program management, the SPM will have responsibility for one or more internal projects related to continuous improvement of the practice area’s operations. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in navigating various geographies (and those that may be new to them); implementing and managing global programs; managing client relationships; business development; budgeting, as well as experience in strategy and partnership development with the private and social sectors. Strong writing and presentation skills, combined with the ability to be innovative and drive opportunities, are a must for this position. Previous experience managing and developing junior staff as well as working with a multicultural and global team is preferred.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to regular program management responsibilities, the SPM will:
- Manage client responsibilities with limited oversight including contract development and renewal, concept development, invoicing, reporting, staffing, quality control, etc.;
- Manage and implement multiple Global Pro Bono programs so that they are on time, on budget, and meet stakeholder needs and deliverable targets (activities include oversight of travel arrangements, management of partner selection and scope of work development, virtual pre-work facilitation, team facilitation, and reporting on program impact)
- Ensure financial and reporting compliances, including development and review of budgets with field and home office staff;
- Conduct presentations to existing or potential clients; represent PYXERA Global in various capacities;
- Identify sources of funding, new business opportunities, and potential partner organizations for new or existing programs;
- Deliver high quality product and service to internal and external clients;
- Lead program design and practice area process and service improvements, as assigned;
- Oversee the staffing of assigned client’s programs and staff development for the client portfolio.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. employment authorization required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience with four years of management experience required
- Excellent client relationship development and management skills a must
- Experience living and working in a country or culture different from one’s own
- Experience engaging with cross cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Significant experience in presenting to various audiences (exceptional public speaking skills)
- Ability to train others and facilitate train the trainer programs
- Able to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision
- Knowledge of one or more critical topics in global development (i.e. global health, environment, IT, skills gap, gender empowerment, WASH, access to nutrition, etc.) and demonstrated commitment to improving livelihoods
- Knowledge of at least one specific technical area related to PYXERA Global’s programs and services (pro bono, leadership/talent development, community development, public private partnerships, monitoring and evaluation, corporate social responsibility, cross cultural engagement, value-chains, enterprise development, market development, etc.)
- Strong writing (report, proposal, scopes of work, etc.) and great attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% to Africa, Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
- Language proficiency in one of the following is a plus, but not a must: Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Russian, or a Southeast Asian language (Filipino, Bahasa Indonesian, Vietnamese, etc.).
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start-date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 3. Applications without the above requirements will not be considered. In the subject of the email, please write “Senior Program Manager, Global Pro Bono”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.