SSCI is looking to fill a Senior Research Engineer/Scientist position for software projects relating to autonomy and unmanned systems. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning, signal/image processing, and autonomous systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI has built a reputation for delivering high quality and mission relevant technology solutions. SSCI is an industry leader in research and development, and is among the Top 20 companies in the highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCl's clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
PhD, or M.S. w/ 4+ years of relevant experience, in EE, CS, Al, Robotics, Cognitive Systems,
Machine Learning or related field, with demonstrated experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Behavior-based Robotics, or other Unmanned/Autonomous Systems development
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy, Al, and machine learning algorithms and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy
- Integrate algorithms and software modules onto real-world unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground platforms
- Contribute technical materials for proposals, white papers, and publications
- Present technical results to internal and external customers
- 4+ years experience in advanced R+D of Al, Robotics, Machine Learning, and/or Autonomous Unmanned Systems
- Experience implementing Al and Machine Learning algorithms on real-world prototypes
- Proficiency with C/C++ and either Python or Matlab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard libraries used for Al, robotics, computer vision, and/or machine learning (e.g., ROS, MOOS, scikit, etc.)
- Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), User Interfaces (UI), Multi-Vehicle Tasking, and/or Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
- Experience with systems/software engineering processes, including development tools,
- configuration management, and test/QA methods
Job Title: Senior Research Engineer/Scientist - Job Code 1892
Compensation: Salary is competitive with market rates, with significant incentives for new business development. In addition, SSCI offers a generous benefits package, which includes a Bonus Plan, 401K, and Health/ Life/ Disability Insurance.
Location: Woburn, MA
Notes: US Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Job Code 1892 (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.