About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The College of Arts & Sciences is seeking to fill a Staff Assistant position within the University in the High School (UHS) Program. This position will provide support for programmatic and administrative functions. This position will also be responsible for managing Registration and Enrollment for UHS. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with University faculty, staff, and students to advance the goals of the UHS Program. The candidate must have excellent writing, administrative, and interpersonal skills as well as proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. The successful candidate must be organized and efficient, a self-starter, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and work requests.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage application/registration process and retention of related records
- Provide statistical reports as necessary
- Maintain UHS website
- Manage fee collection through Marketplace for 11,000+ enrollments including managing refunds and creating invoices daily
- Manage application for financial assistance through UAlbany Foundation account
- Provide general administrative support for UHS
- Manage appeals for retroactive enrollments and retroactive registration
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least one year of administrative office experience with evidence of organizational skills, efficiency, and initiative
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite; Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Master's degree or equivalent from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience at a university, college and/or academic department setting
- Experience working with IAS/PeopleSoft
- Experience with web applications/enrollment management
- Experience with bookkeeping
- Experience in a registrar's office
- Experience with website programming and maintenance
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=107480
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three references including contact information
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: March 26, 2019