The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Tech Support Analyst reporting directly to FISA's Financial Systems Job Administration Director, the candidate will be responsible for the submission of jobs in production and test environments, tracking of the status of submitted jobs, escalation to Level 2 support during failure scenarios as well as additional tasks related to the creation and continued enhancement of financial system job schedules.
The Tech Support Analyst will perform Tier I production support for FMS/3 and FMS/2 supported production Applications. Said applications reside on UNIX and IBM Mainframe platforms. The suite of applications supported, includes, but is not limited to the following enterprise systems: PIP, IFA, VENDEX, City Wide Accounting and FMS Budget. Job administration duties span FISA's mainframe and UNIX platforms.
The primary tool used by the candidate will be a desktop based tool- CA Workload Automation (aka d-series). The candidate will run batch job streams via the CA Workload Automation (d-series), and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions. The work will be performed in multiple development and test environments and also on production systems - and the candidate will be expected to differentiate job streams and prioritize workloads as directed. The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
Additional tools used on a day to day basis as part of their job duties include: CA-Agents, CA-Adapter, Microsoft Outlook, ClearQuest, Attachmate to access IBM Mainframe z/OS, RMDS to access mainframe reports, putty and winscp to access AIX Operating systems. The primary applications supported are Enterprise wide financial applications - but the other business systems may be supported as directed.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the design of using the CA Workload Automation / d-series.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation / d-series.
• Ability to schedule and process adhoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested - using the tools above.
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF
• Candidate should also have in-depth knowledge of UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
• Process Backups/Restores as required
• Experience with Advantage Financial applications
• Extensive experience working on AIX/Unix and mainframe platforms running and monitoring critical production batch Processes.
• Extensive experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
• Extensive experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #368341 Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hours/Shift 7:30PM - 8:00AM 3 DAYS PER WEEK W/ADDITIONAL ROTATING SUNDAY SHIFT
New York City Residency is not required for this position.