Training Specialist - Behavior (Due to grant funding, appointment to the position will require a Feinerman Waiver)
To provide training, technical assistance, coaching, and resources to establish and sustain systems of positive behavioral interventions and supports.
A. Master’s degree in special education, psychology, school psychology, social work, reading, speech and language or a related service, or Bachelor’s degree in special education, psychology, school psychology, reading or speech and language or a related service and a Master’s degree in education and/or educational administration;
B. NYS Certification in special education, school psychology, or reading;
C. Three years’ experience in the analysis of behaviors of students with disabilities of which two years must include experience in the oversight and responsibility of the development and implementation of PBIS in public schools, private schools, and/or alternative settings.
· Experience providing professional development.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate.
1. The RSE-TASC Behavior Specialist provides training, technical assistance and support to schools/programs systems of positive behavioral interventions and supports.
2. Develops and provides regional training workshops of behavior- related topics.
3. Participates in workgroups to develop and revise training modules and resources.
4. Works collaboratively with other RSE-TASC training specialists on regional and district-specific professional development projects, as assigned, across the 7-BOCES region.
5. Travel within the region and flexibility with regard to daily schedule are expected.
Location: Educational Support Services - RSE-TASC - 900 Watervliet Shaker
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018 (or until position is filled)
Starting Salary: $43,683 – $58,677 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205