Vacancy Number: 2019-88
Position: Training Specialist - Integration of Technology (Certified)
Location: Northeastern Regional Information Center - 900 Watervliet-Shaker
The work involves responsibility of working on a regional and/or individual district level to promote and support all aspect of the use of technologies to support student achievement in the pre K-12 educational setting.
A. Holds a current New York State teaching and/or administrative certificate.
B. Degree in Instructional and/or Assistive Technology preferred.
C. At least three (3) years of successful, full-time experience as a classroom teacher preferred.
D. Two (2) years professional development experience educating teachers or other adults in the integration of technology for instruction and productivity using all of the following modes: modeling, one-on-one, small group, or large group preferred.
E. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience delivering and integrating technology in instructional programs for Pre K – 12 students preferred.
F. Must have a valid driver’s license.
1. Specifically, the work involves responsibility for training and instructing school district administrators, teachers and teaching staff on using classroom software applications supported by a BOCES Regional Information Center (RIC).
2. The incumbent also provides leadership, guidance and technical assistance to school districts, administrators, teachers and teaching staff regarding planning and implementing technology integration into curricula in alignment with current New York State learning standards.
3. The incumbent also provides leadership, guidance and technical assistance in district-wide technology planning as it relates to state and federal reporting and grant applications.
4. The incumbent collaborates with appropriate instructional and technical staff to support, manage and optimize the use of instructional software and network resources to support quality teaching and learning.
5. This skilled professional works independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
$43,683 – $72,218 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12205