Tired of the grind? Looking for real work/life balance? Ready to unleash your creative greatness on meaningful work?
The University at Albany seeks a passionate Videographer/Editor to join our in-house creative team to craft jaw-dropping work that attracts new students and tells the stories of the amazing people, transformative research, and far-reaching impacts of our great university. As part of our Digital Media team, you'll work with other editors, graphic designers, photographers, writers and social media specialists to produce everything from short-form videos and live streams to animated infographics and art-directed cinematic b-roll. We'll look to your creative genius to help us break into emerging platforms such as 360 and AR video and whatever else breaks on the creative horizon.
We're looking for someone who loves having a camera in their hand, feels complete behind an editing console, and has a top-notch portfolio that proves it.
On any given day you might be:
- Brainstorming with other creatives
- Working on video shoots in the field or studio on single camera and multi camera set-ups
- Meetings (It happens.)
- Editing in Final Cut X (or Adobe Premiere, we're not picky)
- Location scouting, casting, and scheduling shoots
- Collaborating with other campus partners on content
- Lighting like you're Roger Deakins
- Maintaining our Youtube account and analyzing performance of content
- Researching how to do something you've never done before
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization (We're a University!)
- At least three years of professional videography experience creating superior content
- Must provide links to an online portfolio created by the applicant which demonstrates at least three years of professional experience creating superior content
- Completely fluent in video/film production - from live studio scenarios to cinema-style productions
- Working expertise with Canon 6D, C100, GoPro, and 360 cameras
- Expertise in non-linear editing
- Team player, self-starter, motivated by wanting to create your best work
- Be a kind, positive, and responsible human being
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Preferred Qualifications - You'd blow us away if you could also:
- Take incredible still photos and could process in Photoshop/Lightroom OR create awesome motion graphics in AfterEffects
Applicants MUST submit the following documents (Closing date for receipt of applications: August 8, 2018):
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Line to online portfolio of professional videography
- List of three references