- Overall responsibility for producing content on WNYT-TV's website to include local news and public information content.
- Generate, write and edit web-only content for the station's websites.
- Ensure that website content reflects, enhances and expands on-air product.
- Work effectively with television producers, reporters and assignment editors.
- Work closely and strategically with IS, Creative Services Department and WNYT-TV Management.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local and national current events.
- Scheduled to work up to 24 hours per week.
- Three years of news writing experience required (newspaper or web writing preferred).
- Computer proficiency, including experience with photo editing, video editing, basic HTML and data management.
- Track record of sound news judgment and excellent writing skills (including spelling and grammar).
- Initiative, judgment and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines.
- 24/7 ownership of website
- Ability to generate web-only content
- Works well with a variety of individuals including television producers, reporters, IS Department, Creative Services Department, Management and Sales Department.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
https://wnyt.com/article/10124/ to Job# 12-18; No Telephone Calls Please