Union College WebAdvising is the online advising system used by students, parents and faculty. The Bursar’s Office uses WebAdvising as the official billing process for the College. Billing statements are only available electronically in WebAdvising. Billing and payment information is updated daily and financial Aid and student Health insurance waivers updated weekly. Students and authorized users are able to view, print and make account payments all from one site. All students are asked is to set up authorized Users. Under FERPA regulations, the Bursar’s office cannot discuss a student account with anyone who has not been granted access.
Students received instructions on how to set up their own WebAdvising account when they receive their email account. Once the student has established their account, they should log in to grant parent access to the online student billing and financial aid information. This process is extremely important as billing is done entirely online.
Instructions for Students:
- Log in to WebAdvising at https://webadvising.union.edu.
- Under the “Financial Information” tab, select “Grant Access to Student Billing."
- Click “Access Student Bill” and “Access to Financial Aid” for the desired parent(s). Add and verify the parent email, make note of the parent user ID and click “Submit.”
- Provide parent(s) with their User ID(s).
Note: If parents(s) are not listed, this indicates that either the online biography form (available on the Applicant Portal) was not completed or that it has not been processed. In this case, complete the form (when applicable) and allow time for processing before repeating the steps listed above
Instructions for Parents:
Once your student has granted you access, you will receive an email with a temporary password.
- Your student will provide you with your User ID. In most cases it will be: last name _ first initial. Example: John Smith = smith _ j (all lower case). Common last names may involve additional characters in the User ID. Please contact your student if you have difficulty. They can view your User ID in WebAdvising and reset passwords.
- Log in to WebAdvising at, https://webadvising.union.edu.
- After logging in with your temporary password, you will be prompted to create your own password.
- Click on the blue “Students” tab.
- From the menu, click on “Access Student Billing” to view your statement.
- To select the student account(s) you wish to view, click the down arrow and submit.
- Enter a start date of July 1 and the two digit year to view the entire year.
Important to know:
- The Bursar's and Financial Aid Offices are unable to grant WebAdvising access to parents. This access can only be granted by the student.
- When a password reset is necessary, students can reset parent passwords.
- If you have more than one child attending Union, you may only view the accounts of the student(s) who have granted you access.
- If your WebAdvising account is locked out, it will automatically unlock in 10 minutes.