Current New York state guidelines limit the size of these kinds of gatherings and require that all who attend supply evidence of one of the following:
- a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test administered within 72 hours of the event)
- a completed vaccination series (at least 14 days beyond the last vaccine)
- proof of illness and recovery within the last 90 days.
Guests and Class of 2020 graduates should present their photo ID and valid paper (recommended) or electronic documentation at the entrance, and show the confirmation email upon completing the health questionnaires, which will be sent out 3 days before the event.
Faculty should present their emocha badge or vaccination record.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on June 15 the loosening of many COVID-19 restrictions:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask;
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask except when you are crossing the stage;
- All attendees must maintain 3 feet social distance from those outside of their household when seated.