General Information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Fever, cough and shortness of breath are the most common symptoms. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has more information.
How is the disease spread?
Information about the nature of how COVIS-19 spreads is being updated regularly. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has up-to-date information.
What’s the best way to prevent catching COVID-19?
The CDC has several recommendations for preventing the contraction of the virus, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
What are the treatments for COVID-19
There is no specific treatment for COVID-19 beyond supportive care to help relieve symptoms. You should follow the instructions of your healthcare provider.
- What countries and regions are affected by COVID-19?