Program Educational Objectives
We have defined several objectives that we expect our graduates to attain within a few years of graduation:
- Our graduates should be engaged professionally in positions that use the skills or abilities associated with broadly educated bioengineers or in good academic standing in programs of graduate study.
- Our graduates should be able to articulate how their education at Union College has prepared them to achieve their career and life goals.
- Our graduates should show evidence of life-long learning.
Graduates from the Biomedical Engineering program will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice