Areas of Expertise:
International Economics, Economic Growth, Labor Economics
Ranked No. 10 among the top publishing Economics Assistant Professors, 2003
Reference group: Top 50 US Liberal Arts College
Methodology: Piette and Laband’s impact-adjusted pages
“Labor Market Rigidities and R&D Based Growth in the Global Economy” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, forthcoming.
“Outsourcing and Wage Inequality in a Dynamic Product Cycle Model”, with Selin Sayek, Review of Development Economics, forthcoming.
“New Directions in Schumpeterian Growth Theory” with Elias Dinopoulos, in Horst Hanusch and Andreas Pyka (eds.),Elgar Companion to Neo-Schumpeterian Economics, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, forthcoming.
“Schumpeterian Unemployment, Trade, and Wages”, Journal of International Economics, 54 (1), 2001, 119-148.
“A Schumpeterian Model of Equilibrium Unemployment and Labor Turnover”, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 10 (5), October 2000, pp. 557-583.
“Intellectual Property Rights and Rent Protection in a North-South Product Cycle Model”, submitted.
Work in Progress:
“Foreign Direct Investment and Intellectual Property Rights: the Role of Knowledge Spillovers and Rent Protection”.
“Schumpeterian Unemployment Dynamics”, with Elias Dinopoulos and Costas Syropoulos.
“Schumpeterian Finance”, with Elias Dinopoulos.
“What Explains European Unemployment? The Role of Technology, Trade and Institutions”, with Tomas Dvorak.
“Intellectual Property Rights and Rent Protection in a North-South Product Cycle Model”
- American Economics Association Meetings, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, January 7-9, 2005.
- Southern Economics Association Meetings, San Antonio, Texas, November 21-23, 2003.
- Midwest International Economics Meetings, Chicago, Illinois, May 5-8, 2002.
- Union College, Economics Department Seminar Series, May 14, 2004.
“Schumpeterian Unemployment Dynamics”
- International Schumpeter Society Meetings, Gainesville, Florida, Marc 27-29, 2002 (presented by co-author Elias Dinopoulos).
“Dynamic Effects of Outsourcing on Wage Inequality and Skill Formation”
- International Schumpeter Society Meetings, Gainesville, Florida, March 27-29, 2002.
- Midwest International Economics Meetings, College Park, Pennsylvania, October 19-21, 2001.
- Eastern Economic Association Meetings, New York, New York, March 23-25, 2001.
- Union College, Economics Department Seminar Series, March 2, 2001.
- Southeast Economic Theory and International Economics Meetings, Houston, Texas, October 27-29, 2000.
- METU International Conference in Economics, Ankara, Turkey, September 13-16, 2000 (presented by co-author Selin Sayek).
“Labor Market Rigidities, and R&D-Based Growth in the Global Economy”
- Colgate University, Economics Department Seminar Series, November 30, 2001.
- Midwest International Economics Meetings, Lexington, Kentucky, May 19-21, 2000.
“Schumpeterian Unemployment, Trade, and Wages”
- North American Economics and Finance Association Meetings (under ASSA), New York, New York, January 3-5, 1999.
- Midwest International Economics Meetings, Bloomington, Indiana, October 24-26, 1997.
“A Schumpeterian Model of Equilibrium Unemployment and Labor Turnover”
- Midwest Economic Theory Conference, Chicago, Illinois, May 30 – June 1, 1997.
Contemporary Economic Policy
European Economic Review
Journal of Development Economics
Journal of Economics (2)
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
Journal of Evolutionary Economics (3)
Journal of Economic Growth
Journal of International Economics
National Science Foundation (grant review)
Review of Development Economics (2)
Review of International Economics
Routledge Publishing (book proposal review)
Southern Economic Journal
Internal Education Fund Committee. Chair: Kimmo Rosenthal.
Member since Fall 2003.
Economics Department Seminar Series
Co-organizer with Sherrilyn Billger, Fall 2000-Spring 2002.
Co-organizer with Hal Fried and Younghwan Song since Fall 2003.
Academic Computing Steering Committee. Chair: Doug Klein.
Division II representative since 2000.
Admission Liaison Committee. Chair: Dan Lundquist.
Division II representative, Fall 2000-Spring 2002.
Economics Department Search Committee. Chair: Therese McCarty.
Member, Fall 2001-Winter 2002.
A Distance Learning Student Team Project with Mumbai University.
Faculty advisor with Eshragh Motahar, January 2001-May 2001.
Member, August 2001-January 2002.
Library Liaison, August 2000-February 2001.
American Economic Association (member 1997-present)
International Schumpeter Society (member 2000-present)