- Research Economist, Management Science Group, Department of Veterans Affairs, Bedford, Massachusetts, 2002-2004
- Guest Co-Editor, Special Double Issue on: Greatest Hits from NAPW I at Union College, Journal of Productivity Analysis, 19(2/3), 2003
- Co-Organizer, The North American Productivity Workshop, Union College, June 15-17, 2000 and June 20-22, 2002
- Senior Economist/Performance Measurement Specialist, New South Wales Treasury, Australia, July 1997 – June 1998
- Visiting Fellow, New South Wales Treasury, Australia, May – August, 1995
- Visiting Fellow, School of Economics, University of New South Wales, Australia, May – August, 1995
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Economics, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, February – April, 1995
Efficiency and productivity measurement, microeconomics, econometrics and mathematical programming techniques
Yaisawarng, S. and J. Burgess, Jr. “Performance-Based Budgeting in the Public Sector: An Illustration from the VA Health Care System,” Health Economics, 2006, 15: 295:310.
Hughes, A. and S. Yaisawarng “Sensitivity and Dimensionality Tests of DEA Efficiency Scores,” European Journal of Operational Research, 154, 2004, pp. 410-422.
Fried, H.O., C.A.K. Lovell, S.S. Schmidt and S. Yaisawarng “Accounting for Environmental Effects and Statistical Noise in Data Envelopment Analysis,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, 17(1/2) January/March 2002, pp. 157-174.
Yaisawarng, S. “Performance Measurement and Resource Allocation,” in K.J. Fox, ed., Efficiency in the Public Sector (Boston/Dordrecht/London: Kluwer Academic Publishers), 2002, pp. 61-81.
Fried, H.O., S.S. Schmidt and S. Yaisawarng “Incorporating the Operating Environment into a Nonparametric Measure of Technical Efficiency,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, 12(3), November 1999, pp. 249-267.
Fried, H.O., C.A.K. Lovell and S. Yaisawarng “The Impact of Mergers on Credit Union Service Provision,” The Journal of Banking and Finance, 23(2-4), February 1999, pp. 367-386.
Fried, H.O., S.S. Schmidt and S. Yaisawarng, “Productive, Scale and Scope Efficiencies in U.S. Hospital-Based Nursing Homes,” INFOR Special Issue on Evaluating Performance in Public and Service Sector Organizations, 36(3), August 1998, pp. 103-119.
Carrington, R., N. Puthucheary, D. Rose and S. Yaisawarng “Performance Measurement in Government Service Provision: The Case of Police Services in New South Wales,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, 8(4), November 1997, pp. 415-430.
Färe, R., S. Grosskopf and S. Yaisawarng “Intertemporal Budgeting and Efficiency,” in R. Färe and S. Grosskopf, Intertemporal Production Frontiers: With Dynamic DEA (Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers), 1996, pp. 134-149.
Yaisawarng, S. and J.D. Klein “The Effects of Sulfur Dioxide Controls on Productivity Change in the U.S. Electric Power Industry,” Review of Economics and Statistics, 76(3), August 1994, pp. 447-460.
Ferrier, G., S. Grosskopf, K. Hayes and S. Yaisawarng “Economies of Diversification in the Banking Industry: A Frontier Approach,” Journal of Monetary Economics, 31, 1993, pp. 229-249; Reprinted in Maximillian J.B. Hall, ed., The Regulation and Supervision of Banks (UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited).
Färe, R., S. Grosskopf, C.A.K. Lovell and S. Yaisawarng “Derivation of Virtual Prices for Undesirable Outputs: A Distance Function Approach,” Review of Economics and Statistics, 75(2), May 1993, pp. 374-380.
English, M., S. Grosskopf, K. Hayes and S. Yaisawarng “Output Allocative and Technical Efficiency of Banks,” Journal of Banking and Finance, 17(2-3), April 1993, pp. 349-366.
McCarty, T.A. and S. Yaisawarng “Technical Efficiency in New Jersey School Districts,” in H. Fried, C.A.K. Lovell and S.S. Schmidt, eds., The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications (Oxford: Oxford University Press), 1993, pp. 271-287.
Grosskopf, S., K. Hayes and S. Yaisawarng “Measuring Economies of Diversification: A Frontier Approach,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 10(4), October 1992, pp. 453-459.
Färe, R., S. Grosskopf, S. Yaisawarng, S.K. Li and Z. Wang “Productivity Growth in Illinois Electric Utilities,”Resources and Energy, 12(4), December 1990, pp. 383-398.
Grosskopf, S. and S. Yaisawarng “Economies of Scope in the Provision of Local Public Service,” National Tax Journal, 43(1), March 1990, pp. 61-74.
Yaisawarng, S. Review of “An Introduction to Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, ” by T.J. Coelli, et al. European Journal of Operational Research, 180(3), August 2007, pp. 1433-1435. Also available online at www.sciencedirect.com October 2006.
Recent college service
- Director, Thailand Mini term 2006 – Present
- Co-Director, India Mini Term 2004 and 2005
- Coordinator, Economics Senior Thesis Writing Workshops, 2003-Present
- Chair, Department of Economics, 1998-2001
- Director, Economics Honors Program, 1999-2001
- Founder, The Economics Crisis Center, 2000