Parking & Weather Plans
In normal circumstances, we use Fair Weather plan - i.e. the ceremony will be held outdoors and no tickets are required. In case of heavy rain, the ceremony will be held in the Memorial Field House and tickets are required. Please read below for more details.
Weather plans for commencement day are also available by calling 518-388-8373 for a voice message that morning starting at 8:00 a.m.
Fair Weather or Light Rain
Ceremony will be held in Roger Hull Plaza in front of Schaffer Library. Guests may wish to bring umbrellas. Ponchos will be available for students at their seats.
- Guest Seating: Outdoor seating available in Roger Hull Plaza in front of Schaffer Library (no ticket required). The ceremony may also be viewed via streaming in Reamer Campus Center Auditorium.
- Graduates & Pipers: Assemble on Terrace Lane in front of Silliman Hall, Sorum House, and Green House no later than 9:00 a.m.
- Platform Party: Assemble in Everest Lounge by 9:00 a.m.
- Faculty: Assemble in Yulman Theater by 9:00 a.m.
Ceremony will be held in the Memorial Field House.
- Guest Seating: Due to limited seating, guests must have tickets to enter. All tickets are distributed to students who request them in May. Students who did not complete the process for requesting tickets should check their campus mailboxes for tickets after June 7. The ceremony can also be viewed via streaming online at www.union.edu/commencement or in indoor locations: Messa Rink and Reamer Campus Center Auditorium.
- Graduates: Go straight to the Memorial Field House at 9:00 a.m. Find your seats at the center be seated. There will be no procession for students.
- Faculty: Go straight to the Memorial Field House and find your seats at the center between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. There will be no procession for faculty. Empty seats in the faculty area will be open to the general public after 9:45 a.m.
- Platform Party and Piper: Go straight to the Memorial Field House. Academic procession will start at 9:55 a.m.
- Disability Parking and Seating: Disability parking lot is located on Lenox Road leading up to the back of the Frank Messa Rink. Only cars which carry the disability parking tag provided by DMV will be allowed. Disability seating (special tickets needed) will be at the reserved area (look at signs when you arrive) in Memorial Field House.