Sponsor: Hertz Foundation
Purpose: Providing unique financial and fellowship support to the nation’s most remarkable PhD students in the physical, biological and engineering sciences. Hertz Fellows become innovators and leaders serving in ways that benefit us all.
Opportunity: Five years of support towards a Ph.D. including a $32,000 stipend and full tuition equivalent. If receive an NSF-GRFP, the terms change but you still receive five years of support towards a Ph.D.
- Exceptional Intelligence and Creativity
- Excellent Technical Education
- Orientation and Commitment to the applications of the physical sciences
- Extraordinary Accomplishment in technical or related professional studies
- Features of Temperament and Character conducive to high attainment as a technical professional
- Appropriate Moral and Ethical Values
- Leverage -what difference the award of the Hertz Fellowship is likely to make in the kind, quality, and/or personal creativity of the student’s graduate research.
Citizenship Requirement: US citizen or permanent resident
Additional Requirements: Must be a student of the applied physical, biological and engineering sciences who is willing to morally commit to make their skills available to the United States in time of national emergency.
Min. GPA: none listed
Class year: Senior or Alum
Subject restrictions: The physical, biological and engineering sciences
National deadline: Late October
Campus deadline: Late September
Fields of study:
- Physical and Natural Sciences