Payment Requests are used when a prepayment is required or when a vendor will not accept a Purchase Order or Purchasing Card. All Payment Requests follow Union College's Purchasing General Terms & Conditions (below).
A Payment Request Form should be used for the following types of purchases:
- Stipends & Honorariums
- Performers & Speakers
Final authority of whether a payment request will be accepted lies within the Finance Office.
Payment request instructions:
Complete the Payment Request form by explaining completely and in detail the reasons for payment. The account number(s) and object code(s) must also be assigned.
Please note that:
- All vendors or payees require a full name and complete address.
- All payments to individuals for services rendered including performances, lectures, or other services require a Social Security Number or Federal Identification Number.
- When special mailing instructions are required, please attach an addressed envelope with the Payment Request form and indicate the mailing instructions clearly on the Payment Request form.
- Attach the invoice or other appropriate backup documentation to the Payment Request form.
- Obtain the appropriate signature(s) of the Account Director(s) paying for the purchases.
- Keep a copy of the payment request form and any copies of invoices or backup information.
- Forward the completed Payment Request form and documentation to Accounts Payable.
- Checks will be mailed to the payee during the next check run.