Students are able to grant their parents access to financial aid information on WebAdvising. Parents can view the listing of required financial aid application documents along with the financial aid award letter once available.
Students: Log in to WebAdvising
Under the Financial Aid tab
- Select ‘Grant Access to Student Billing and Financial Aid’
- Click ‘Access to Financial Aid’ for the desired parent(s). Verify the parent email and click ‘Submit’.
Parents who currently have access to Student Billing on WebAdvising:
You will be sent an email confirming that financial aid access has been granted by the student. Your existing user ID and password will not change.
Parents who have not been granted WebAdvising access by their student:
Please talk with your student regarding access to Student Billing and Financial Aid. Your student can follow the instructions above to grant access to both Student Billing and Financial Aid information.
Parents being granted access for the first time:
- Once your student has granted you access, you will receive an email with a temporary password.
- Your student should let you know your user ID (in most cases it will be Last Name_First Initial, for example John Smith = smith_j)
- Common last names may involve additional characters in the user ID. Please contact your student if you are having difficulty, your student can see your user ID in WebAdvising.
- You will be prompted to create your own password at your initial login
- Click on ‘Students’ to view Student Billing and Financial Aid Information
Please note: The Financial Aid and Bursar Offices are unable to grant parent access for their student's billing and financial aid information. This access can only be granted by the student via WebAdvising.
For Financial Aid Access questions contact the Financial Aid Office at (518) 388-6123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Student Billing Access questions contact the Bursar's Office at (518) 388-6106 or email@example.com.