Bookstore (including c-store)
Reamer Campus Center
Please indicate hours/shifts available
Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay
Purpose/Role of the Position(s) within the Department
To provide superior customer service to students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors. Assist buyers and other staff members in their daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient and accurate register operation including the handling of cash, checks, store charges and credit card transactions.
- Provide a high level of customer service by fulfilling all customer requests to the best of the Bookstore’s ability. Offer suggestions or alternatives when appropriate and seek staff assistance as needed.
- Stock, price and display merchandise in a timely fashion. Maintain merchandise in a neat and orderly condition, including back stock and under stock. Replenish and rotate stock as needed.
- General light housekeeping duties including (but not limited to) vacuuming and dusting.
- Offer suggestions and requests to buyers for ordering purposes. Alert buyers when an item is selling quickly.
- Provide courteous phone service.
- Assist with the processing of Web orders.
- Cross train in other areas of the Bookstore as needed.
Qualifications for the Position
- Two or more years of customer service experience desirable, preferably in a retail environment.
- Familiarity with a POS (point-of-sale) computer system helpful.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills are expected.