Opportunities exist for strengthening your admission portfolio through experiences beyond the classroom.
Clinical experience and internship resources at Union
- Union's Stanley R. Becker Career Center maintains alumni and internship databases.
- Union's Kenney Community Center offers community programs on-site and maintains relationships with local community agencies for student placement at those agencies. Students should visit the Center at 257 Park Place or call (518) 388-6609 for more information.
- Exploring Health Care through Community Based Learning (ISC 080) offered through the Health Professions Office accepts applications each term for placement in a local health care related facility. Visit the Health Professions Office in Olin Center 110 for more information.
Local community opportunities
Local organizations offer a variety of opportunities for students to become involved in the community as well as gain health-related experience:
- Alliance for Positive Health
- American Heart Association
- Capital District Hospice
- CloverPatch PreSchool Program
- Day Haven Adult Day Services
- Ellis Medicine
- Rotterdam Volunteer EMS
- Schenectady County Action Program - Early Childhood Education Programs
- Schenectady Community Home: Joan Nicole Prince Home
- Schenectady Inner City Ministry
- Sunnyview Hospital