NEW 518 AREA CODE DIAL PROCEDURES - EFFECTIVE 8/19/17. FOR MORE INFO CLICK HERE
The Telecommunications Office (located in Steinmetz 100), is responsible for voice transmissions from any College-owned location, and it is the central office for all telephone concerns and billing, including:
- Troubleshooting phone problems
- Moves, adds and changes to telephone equipment or service
- New service, voicemail, caller menus, special calling features and plans, caller ID, music on hold, international dialing
- Fax machines, headsets, conference calls, speaker phone rental
- Call accounting and billing - Telephone bill login. Domestic long distance calls are billed at $0.10/minute. Local calls from staff lines are free.
- We also manage plans, orders, service, billing and trouble shooting for college provided cellphones and smartphones (to authorized employees). View employee cellular plans
Our local exchange is (518) 388.
To dial off-campus from your office telephone, you must dial a 3 first followed by the 10-digit number.
For long distance, you must dial 31 first.
For International calls, dial 3011 first.
To access your Union College voicemail from off campus dial (518) 388-6688.
Telecommunications Office Staff
Stephen DeGeyter, Telecommunications Analyst t: (518) 388-6411 f: (518) 388-6464 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane R. McNamara, Director of Telecommunications & Networking t: (518) 388-6411 f: (518) 388-6464 e: email@example.com
Faculty and staff may also receive assistance by contacting the Telecommunications Help Desk in the following ways:
- Phone: (518) 388-6411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the office in Steinmetz 100 (Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm)