Students at Union who take calculus are placed into one of the following tracks of courses. Upon completing Tracks 1, 2, or 3, students may continue with Track 4 depending on interests and major/minor requirements.
|Single variable calculus|
|Track 1||A two-term single variable calculus sequence consisting of one
course in differential calculus and one course in integral calculus.
|Track 2||An accelerated version of Track 1, reviewing the majority
of the content of MTH-110 and MTH-112 in one term.
|Track 3||A three-term version of Track 1, in which the content of MTH-110
and MTH-112 is supplemented with additional precalculus material.
|Track 4||A two-term multivariable calculus sequence, consisting of a
course in differential multivariable calculus and some matrix
theory, followed by a course in integral multivariable calculus.
|MTH-115 OR MTH-115H
|Track 5||A two-term, four-course integrated math-physics sequence
covering the material of MTH-115, 117 and PHY-120, 121, by invitation only.
Below are the titles of Union’s calculus courses and the terms in which they are typically offered:
- MTH 100 – Calculus with Precalculus 1 (Fall)
- MTH 101 – Calculus with Precalculus 2 (Winter)
- MTH 102 – Calculus with Precalculus 3 (Spring)
- MTH 110 – Calculus 1: Differential Calculus (Fall and Winter)
- MTH 112 – Calculus 2: Integral Calculus (Winter and Spring)
- MTH 113 – Accelerated Single-Variable Calculus (Fall term)
- MTH 115 – Calculus 3: Differential Vector Calculus and Matrix Theory (Fall, Winter, and Spring)
- MTH 115H – Calculus 3: Differential Vector Calculus and Matrix Theory, Enriched (Fall, by invitation only)
- MTH 117 – Calculus 4: Integral Vector Calculus (Fall, Winter, and Spring)
- IMP 120–121 – Integrated Math/Physics 1 and 2 (Winter and Spring term course sequence, by invitation only)