- Homecoming and Family Weekend: A celebration of fall and friends
Homecoming and Family Weekend: A celebration of fall and friends
Fall, fun, friends. These three words are synonymous with Union’s annual Homecoming & Family Weekend, during which alumni, parents and students enjoy a campus bustling with activity and events.
“The College is excited to welcome back over 2,000 guests this year for what promises to be an amazing weekend,” said Damond Heath, associate director of Alumni and Parent Engagement. “We hope everyone enjoys spending time with their families at the various events – we have so many great activities to choose from.”
Highlights of this year’s festivities, Oct. 9-11, include:
- Bruce Allison Plaque Dedication: The ceremony honors longtime athletic director and lacrosse coach Bruce Allison, who passed away in December
- First-Year Family Breakfast: Come meet other first-year families and hear from faculty and staff working with your students
- Pumpkin Carving Competition: If your pumpkin gets enough votes, you could win a $50 Union bookstore gift card. Winners announced during half-time of football game.
- Pre-game Tailgate Picnic: Family fun for everyone with face-painting, bouncy houses, great food (including a new chili station this year), performances by student a Capella groups, and a student clubs expo
- Hay Rides: Catch any horse-drawn wagon for a beautiful tour of campus.