Welcome back to Union!
As you may have guessed, many things will look different this fall and we want to help you understand what fitness and wellness options will be available to you as you return to campus.
Beginning this Wednesday, September 9th, Union will begin offering a number of fitness and recreational opportunities to our community in the Breazzano Fitness Center, the Viniar Athletic Center, Frank Bailey Field at Bertagna Stadium and the outdoor basketball and tennis courts.
As you prepare to return to our athletics facilities, please note some important points for the upcoming term:
- Due to our focus on the health and safety of our community, only students, faculty and staff will be allowed to use the facilities during our specified hours. Family members and other guests and visitors will not be allowed to access these facilities until further notice.
- Masks are required to be worn the entire time individuals are working out in indoor athletic facilities per NYS guidelines.
- Acceptable face coverings for COVID-19 include, but are not limited to, cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks appropriate for exercise that cover both the mouth and nose. Bandanas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings for use in gyms and fitness centers per NYS guidelines.
- We will be offering outdoor wellness classes and recreation opportunities on our fields and outdoor courts. Masks must be worn unless approved by a wellness instructor or staff facility supervisor to remove and remain distanced.
- A 6 foot distance should be kept whenever possible in all facilities.
- Drinking fountains will not be used, please bring your own water bottle for hydration. The touchless water bottle filling stations will be available.
- Hours in some facilities will be limited as we follow a phased approach to reopening and we will provide student only hours each day of the week in the Breazzano Fitness Center
- Due to limited access, restrictions and distancing, the community locker rooms, showers, exercise rooms, swimming pool, squash and racquetball courts will not be available to the campus community.
- Please be prepared to show your green emocha badge from the current day to the staff member upon entering the facility. As always, if you are feeling ill or experiencing any Covid-like symptoms, please stay home and do not enter any of the facilities.
- Do your part to keep our facilities safe and our community healthy - sanitize or wash your hands before and after using equipment and wipe down any equipment after use.
In the coming days and weeks, more information and signups will be shared for outdoor wellness classes, intramurals and other offerings. The health and wellness of our campus community continues to be important at Union. We hope to see you soon.
Jim McLaughlin '93
Director of Athletics