As of 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 13, Union has:
39 active cases/individuals in isolation (28 students, 11 faculty/staff)
50 students in quarantine
For more information on the College’s active cases, visit the COVID-19 dashboard.
NEW and NOTABLE:
- In addition to the cases above, several students tested positive in pre-arrival testing; those students are not joining us on campus until their isolation period has ended.
- There were students who tested negative in pre-arrival testing and subsequently tested positive in campus tests. Those individuals, included in the numbers above, are currently in isolation and their contacts are in quarantine. This is a good reminder that there is an incubation period for this virus and we must all continue to adhere to our health and safety protocols including our testing schedule.
- Vaccine rollout has begun in New York state. Currently, doctors, nurses, health care workers, people age 65 and over, first responders, teachers, public transit workers, grocery store workers and public safety workers and in-person college instructors are eligible. Check your eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine here.
- The COVID-19 dashboard was reset to reflect only data gathered in 2021. You can see the 2020 information here.
SCHENECTADY COUNTY STATUS and NEWS:
The Capital Region continues to have one of the highest positivity rates in New York State. We encourage all students to stay on campus and follow health and safety protocols.
Community conversations - We have planned a series of community conversations by constituency to ensure we have planned time to share updates and address questions you may have related to COVID-19 or other important matters. Upcoming dates:
- Staff - Friday, Jan. 22 at 11 a.m., hosted by Michele Gibson and Beth Glassman
- Faculty - Thursday, Jan. 28 at 1:20 p.m., hosted by Strom Thacker and Michele Gibson
FAQS and UNION WHERE YOU ARE:
- There will be disciplinary action taken for any individual who does not truthfully disclose their contacts when speaking with a contract tracer.
- I heard that we can't use the Alumni Gym right now, will it open any time soon?
- We plan to open the gym after the first-two weeks of the term, assuming we do not see evidence of significant community spread.
- Having trouble logging into the CareEvolve portal to get your COVID test results? Try this.
If you get a yellow badge on your emocha app, do not engage with other members of the campus community! Individuals receiving a yellow badge will receive text messages or phone calls from the emocha Care Team, Union College Health Services and/or Union College Human Resources to discuss their status and/or provide further instruction.