As of 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 17, Union had:
5 active cases/individuals in isolation (4 students, 1 faculty/staff)
7 students in quarantine
For more information, visit the COVID-19 dashboard.
NEW and NOTABLE:
- As of the sending of this update (Friday morning), there were zero new positives recorded via the testing center this week! Thank you to all members of our community for your commitment to the health and safety of our community!
- The CDC has released new guidance about double masking in an effort to reduce the infection rates, particularly as our country has seen an increase in the more contagious variants of COVID-19. Union will be adopting enhanced protocols for double masking. Specific details will be released in the coming days.
- Positions which have more regular contact with other individuals will be required to double mask
- Weekly testers will be able to pick up disposable masks at the Testing Center
- Monthly testers who do not get their masks during distribution week can see Cheryl Rockwood or Shawna Scoville in the testing center to receive a mask supply.
- Beginning Monday, Alumni Gym and Breazzano Fitness Center will begin new hours and reopen access for the entire campus community. The hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., 3-10 p.m. (7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. open to campus community; students only after 11 a.m)
- Saturday - Sunday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. 3-8 p.m. (10 a.m. - 2 p.m. open to campus community; students only after 3 p.m.)
Community conversations - We have planned a series of community conversations by constituency to ensure we have planned time to share updates and address questions you may have related to COVID-19 or other important matters. Upcoming dates:
Parents - Thursday, March 4 at 7 p.m hosted by the class deans
Zoom link: https://union.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iljihGrQQe68g4xX3i1Thg
Staff - Tuesday, March 9 at 9 a.m. hosted by Beth Glassman and Michele Gibson
Zoom link: https://union.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tbmDt-dgQheqBFNBHNln4A
Faculty - Thursday, March 11 at 1:20 p.m. hosted by Strom Thacker. Zoom link: Available on the Academic Affairs: Faculty Governance page
The seven-day positivity rate in Schenectady County has dropped to 2.4 percent this week.
FAQS and UNION WHERE YOU ARE:
email@example.com and we’ll get back to you with an answerDo you have an unanswered question? Send it to
KUDOS DURING COVID:
While Kenney Community Center’s annual Random Acts of Kindness Week is a highlight of winter term, Janet Sweeney was also able to successfully translate the Kenney Center’s slate of events to an online format. Check out Union’s Instagram to see highlights of who was recognized for showing kindness on campus.
Curious how a double mask gets you a better fit? Dr. Fauci will show you in this clip from the Today Show.