As of 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 14, Union had:
7 active cases/individuals in isolation (5 students, 2 faculty/staff)
5 students in quarantine
For more information, visit the COVID-19 dashboard.
NEW and NOTABLE:
- Beginning Monday, April 19 we will resume in-person dining.
- We are excited to report that 486 employees and 1,071 students have reported at least one dose of the vaccine via emocha.
- Have you been vaccinated? We ask all students and employees to record your COVID vaccinations by uploading an image or pdf of your vaccination record using the emocha app or website. See the emocha instructions to learn more about upload options. Please note that if you got one of the vaccines that requires two doses, you will need to record each dose separately in emocha.
- If you are unable to get a COVID-19 vaccine, you may enter this information in emocha as well. Follow the same steps in the instructions above, enter your name and then select the option “I will not be vaccinated” under the “Have you been vaccinated?” question.
- Benefits of vaccination for members of the Union Community:
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to quarantine if you have contact with a known positive individual. (Note: Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have passed since your Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks have passed since your 2nd dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.)
- Effective April 19, once you are fully vaccinated and your vaccination record is uploaded in emocha, you will no longer be required to participate in campus testing. If you would like to continue testing, you can sign up using the scheduling link. Please note, you should continue recording your daily attestation in emocha.
- On April 5, the CDC updated the guidelines on cleaning and disinfecting spaces.
- Based on this new guidance, Facilities Services will provide cleaning and disinfecting on a once-daily basis during the week on campus. Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting for residential areas will continue to be provided on the weekends.
- Disinfection kits are still available for employees and students to disinfect frequently-touched surfaces in their work areas and/or classrooms. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a kit or to get refills.
- The seven-day positivity rate in Schenectady County is 2.0 percent.
FAQS and UNION WHERE YOU ARE:
Do I need to wear a mask outside?
If you are outdoors and at least 6 feet from others, you do not need to wear your mask. However, you should keep a mask with you so you can easily put it on if your situation changes. For information about our Union’s mask protocols, visit the Union Where You Are site.
Do you have an unanswered question? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you with an answer.
KUDOS DURING COVID:
Kudos to Angela Stefanatos, Cheryl Rockwood, Fran’Cee Brown-McClure, the Wicker nursing staff and the dozens of volunteers who worked together this week to staff the COVID-19 vaccine clinic on campus. Because of their efforts, we were able to administer vaccines to 500 members of the Union community in four days.
Our COVID-19 positive cases are down, but we know from experience that can change quickly. We encourage you to continue making good decisions and practice all health and safety protocols.
Have a question or need more information on something related to the College’s COVID-19 response, email firstname.lastname@example.org