As of 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 7, Union had:
27 active case/individual in isolation (26 students, 1 faculty/staff)
37 students in quarantine
For more information, visit the COVID-19 dashboard
NEW and NOTABLE:
NYSDOH text notifications of a positive result
Last week, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) started a practice of informing individuals of a positive result via text message. As the state receives the notice of a positive result at the same time the College does, this practice means that if you test positive, you may hear from NYSDOH in advance of a call from the Union College team. If you receive a text from NYSDOH notifying you of a positive result:
- If you are in the middle of a class or your work environment, please notify your professor/supervisor that you need to excuse yourself.
- Students - please return to your room and someone from Health Services will contact you shortly.
- Employees - please return to your home and email Bonnie Mortensen-Szczerba at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gwen Pulvirent at email@example.com
COVID-19 vaccine on-campus availability
We are pleased to share that Union College Health Services has received 600 doses of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Per the New York State Department of Health, these doses are designated for students only.
- 50 appointments are available today, April 9 between 1 p.m and 4 p.m.
- 550 appointments will be available April 12-14. An email will be sent today - April 9 - around noon with a link to sign up for these appointments.
- In addition, we anticipate receiving 100 doses of the Moderna vaccine on Monday that we can make available to students, faculty and staff. Once we confirm receipt of these doses we will release information about how to secure an appointment. Most likely these appointments will be April 15-16.
The seven-day positivity rate in Schenectady County is 2.0 percent.
FAQs and UNION WHERE YOU ARE:
Do you have a question about spring sports? See the spring sports FAQs on the Athletic’s website
Do you have an unanswered question? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you with an answer.
KUDOS DURING COVID:
Behind the scenes of our COVID positive cases is a small but mighty team of people who jump into action making sure our students and community have what they need to be safely taken care of in isolation and quarantine. From contact tracing to securing meals and transportation while helping our students with specific needs, our team of contact tracers and quarantine notification callers provide essential services, assisting our students at a time that is difficult and scary for some. Thank you to Marcus, Michele, Brooke, Nalani, Amanda, Sabrina, Cheryl, Jill, Kevin, Joanne, Erik, Brandon, Amanda, Ryan, Matt, Laura, Jenn, Kate, Michelle, Fareeza, Christa and Trish who have acted with wisdom, empathy and courage in the care and consideration they have given to our students.
We are excited to report that 456 employees and 584 students have reported at least one dose of the vaccine via emocha. We ask all students and employees to record your COVID vaccinations by uploading an image or pdf of your vaccination record using the emocha app or website. Don’t know how? See the emocha instructions to learn more about upload options.