We ask all employees to record your COVID vaccination records by uploading an image or pdf of your vaccination record using the emocha app or website. See the emocha instructions to learn how. If you haven’t used emocha yet, please see the section on “accessing emocha” below.
How the information will be used
Information entered into emocha will be kept confidential and will only be accessible to a limited number of individuals who handle emocha badges. This data is important for us to have for purposes of understanding how many people on our campus have been vaccinated so that we can make informed decisions with respect to reopening, who needs to be tested, and providing additional vaccines on site.
Benefits of vaccination for members of the Union Community:
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you will not be required to quarantine if you have contact with a known positive individual. (Note: Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have passed since your Johnson and Johnson vaccine or two weeks have passed since your 2nd dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.)
- Effective April 19, once you are fully vaccinated and your vaccination record is uploaded in emocha, you will no longer be required to test weekly. Please note, you should continue recording their daily attestation in emocha.
Effective April 16th, we are providing all employees who are not yet emocha users with access to emocha so that you can upload your vaccination records. Employees with a cellphone number recorded in our system will receive a text with instructions for downloading and accessing the emocha app in the next 24-48 hours. Anyone who does not receive this text has two options to gain access to emocha:
- Via the emocha phone app
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the 'emocha mobile health' app. The icon is a blue box with a video camera in the middle.
- Once downloaded, open the app.
- Click on 'Forgot Password'.
- Enter your @union.edu email address and follow the instructions from there.
- Via computer
If you have any difficulty and need assistance, call emocha at (240) 343-9222.
Beth R. Glassman
Interim Chief Human Resources Officer
Dean of Faculty and Vice President for Academic Affairs