As of 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, June 2, Union had:
1 active cases/individuals in isolation (1 student, 0 faculty/staff)
0 students in quarantine
For more information, visit the COVID-19 dashboard.
As of May 31, 76 percent of employees and 66 percent of students have reported being fully vaccinated via emocha. For more details, see our vaccination dashboard on the COVID-19 Dashboard page.
NEW and NOTABLE:
This is our last COVID weekly update for the term. We will continue to update the Union Where You Are site and the dashboard pages. Please check there for the latest information.
current New York state guidelines for our commencement ceremonies. Any individual attending commencement or a related ceremony will need to supply evidence of one of the following:Commencement health and safety protocols - We are following
- a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test administered within 72 hours of the event)
- a completed vaccination series (at least 14 days beyond the last vaccine)
- proof of COVID-19 illness and recovery within the last 90 days.
- Guests should present their photo ID, valid paper (recommended) or electronic documentation at the entrance, and the confirmation email from completing the health questionnaires, which will be sent out 3 days before the event.
- Faculty, staff and graduates should present their vaccination record or the test result done within three days prior to the event. The testing center will be open on Thursday, June 10 to accommodate employees and graduates who are required to test before commencement.
Remaining Spring Term Testing Dates - As we approach the end of our term, we wanted to provide an update on our schedule for COVID-19 testing. Please note, testing will now be located in the Field House.
- Wednesday, June 9: 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, June 10*: 8:30-11:30 a.m. (note: this is the testing day in preparation for the Class of 2021 Commencement)
- Thursday, June 17*: 8:30-10:30 a.m. (note: this is the testing day in preparation for the Class of 2020 Commencement)
Please note: To accommodate NYS guidelines, all individuals who plan on working at or attending the June 13 Commencement ceremony who are not fully vaccinated must test on Thursday, June 10. Individuals working at or attending the June 20 Commencement ceremony, who are not fully vaccinated must test on Thursday, June 17.
The seven-day positivity rate in Schenectady County is 0.9 percent.
KUDOS DURING COVID:
Throughout the entire pandemic, our faculty have been innovative, adaptable and relentless in their support of our students, each other and the College as a whole. Thank you, faculty colleagues, for all your tremendous work on behalf of us all to advance Union’s educational mission while helping keep the campus safe and healthy.